Last week’s post was messy – and then made a fun game. This week’s is messy – and then makes a big noise! Yey!
You will need:
- An empty tin. Preferably at least side-plate size, but the bigger the better, I say! (If you really don’t have a tin, then an empty plastic tub would do – but it’s not half as noisy)
- Some marbles. Between 3 and 6.
- Paper/card in your choice of colour.
- Poster paints
- Ear plugs (optional).
And here’s what you do:
- Draw round the base of your tin on your chosen paper or card.
- Cut it out a little bit smaller so it fits easily into the bottom of the tin.
- Encourage your little spiders to drop in the marbles one by one. How many can they count?
- Next, squeeze into the tin a few blobs of poster paint. LESS IS MORE with this. For an average sized biscuits tin, just two or three penny sized blobs is a good amount, and bright contrasting colours work really well.
- Put the lid on tightly. Now when me and Miss Spider do this, we do a BIG ol’ countdown! “THREE . . . TWO . . . ONE . . . SHAKEY SHAKEY SHAKEY!” (WHY didn’t I take a photo of this?! AH well – having too much fun probably.)
- Let them go wild shaking that tin about and making as much noise with it as they can! They may only be little enough to SHAKEY SHAKEY SHAKEY, or they may want to try swirling the tin in circular movements or swishing it back and forth to see what patterns they can make.
- The Reveal! Build up the excitement as you “OOoh” and “AAAhhh” lifting the lid and revealing their own special marble picture! Wow!
- Why not do a few more? (We’ve even done this with PVA glue on black card, then sprinkled glitter all over it.) Or try different card/colour combinations. Shake high, shake low, put some music on and shake your booty whilst you’re at it.
I think the results are pretty funky! They make great backgrounds for a favourite family snap to pin on the wall, or why not string them up and make them into pretty danglers?
Lovely. Let me know how you get on? Till next time . . .